I've had 3 people in less than 24 hours come to me asking how to get rid of a sore throat so here I am to tell you! Flu/Cold season is here so I'll share with you some ways to kick these aweful symptoms right away. Sore throats are one of the ailments that I dislike the most. You can take advantage of essential oils and apply them to your sore throat in a number of ways. Oils that are effective at helping with a sore throat are: On Guard, oregano, lemon, lavender, marjoram, and sandalwood.
You could also apply eucalyptus, melaleuca, thyme, peppermint and cypress.
Try to start the application at the first sign of the ailment, this is more effective since you are attacking it near the beginning. Try any of the following methods or a combination of all of them.The doTERRA Essential Oils work perfectly with the body to support normal functions of the body and dōTERRA products are safe to use on all ages.
Here's a small regiment you can do at the first signs of a sore throat
Warm some water up and add 2 drops of Lemon Essential Oil and a Tablespoon of honey in water and drink.
- Gargling with 1-2 drops of any of the above oils mixed with some water can be effective. Some of the more popular oils for sore throat gargling are On Guard, oregano and lemon or a combination of those three. Don’t swallow and repeat the process about every hour until soreness starts to subside.
- Put 1 drop of Melaluca Essential Oil on the tip of your tongue, this will help to kill the bacteria in the back of your throat while numbing at the same time.
- Rub Melaluca Essential Oil and OnGuard Essential Oil onto your neck/throat and apply a warm compress.
- Rub Melaluca and OnGuard on the soles of your feet
- Inhalation of oil either through a diffuser or by placing a few drops of oil in a dish or pan with very hot water can also feels soothing and be very effective. If you have a diffuser or humidifier, add any combination of the above essential oils to help moisten or soothe a dry and painful throat.
- Ingest a couple of drops of On Guard mixed with water every hour.
Additional Help: dōTERRA®’s On Guard™ Protecting Throat Drops provide a convenient way to benefit from On Guard’s immune-supporting properties. With all-natural organic cane juice and organic brown rice syrup, these drops help defend against pathogenic microbes of the mouth and throat, support fixed and mobile immune function, and can help calm and soothe dry, scratchy throats.